This 4-5 hour Private Baby Care Class is for 2 people
(Price includes 1 pregnant person & 1 support person)
This class is for parents who want to learn how to care of a newborn and postpartum recovery. This class is to be taken BEFORE the baby is born so that parents will have more confidence in handling their new baby and know what to expect when you come home with the baby.
This class can be tailored specific to you and your support persons needs or you can choose to follow our outlined curriculum below.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- hold a baby
- change diapers
- what to do for a diaper rash
- how to dress a baby
- bathe a baby
- take care of baby’s skin
- feed a baby (breastfeeding basics and basics of other feeding methods)
- cord care
- nail care
- Why babies cry and how to soothe a baby
- provide a safe environment for your baby (car seat, crib safety, swaddling)
- Going out with baby
- What to expect at your first doctors’ appointment & When to call a doctor
- Sleep for mom and baby
- Dealing with life after the baby is born
- How to be a supportive partner/support person
- Baby blues and Post-partum Depression
- Community and Parenting resources to access
Interactive session with Pictures, Video’s, Slides and live-demonstrations
- classes can be provided virtually using the Zoom platform or in person in your home
- 6 months Free Access to all of our class resources, links and baby growth and development resources
- We recommend that this class be taken after 26 weeks gestation
- If you are more then 34 weeks gestation, contact us and we will fit you in!
- We recommend having a doll or a stuffed animal if you want to follow along with instructor (not needed)
- Travel cost not included. Flat fee can be negotiated.
Private Classes – Once payment has been received, a member from our team will contact you by your preferred contact method to book a date and time. All efforts will be made to accommodate your date and time of choice. Once a date is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent to you by email. Please allow 24-48 business hours for a member of our team to contact you.